Thursday, June 16, 2011

Big wheel keep on turning...

Seriously I feel like I have just spun my wheels this week.  The problem is really that I have so much to do and when that is the case I really and truly only want to put it all off... procrastination should be my middle name!  I did little bits of each job.. so now I have various projects at various stages of complete/incomplete [you decide which].  OY!

I got some of the bonus space cleared up, and a whole big bag of donations gathered, 2 bags of garbage thrown out, and a few more garage sale items found.  Did some serious cleaning to get ready for moms visit, though some of it keeps getting undone- such is life with 3 dogs, 3 cats, a kid and a husband.

I also almost have the garage sale items, table and China Cabinet, I was working on done.

This is the story of my life... I get things 85-95% done and then RrrrrrrP!  I grind to a halt.
What is wrong with me and completing things?

My goal today is to complete 3 things.  You all will be my task masters- I will post pics of those items this evening [or maybe tomorrow morning, since D has a Retirement Dinner tonight so I am 'babysitting']

So there's your assignment: Crack That Whip!   Any 80's music fans?

Aaaannnnnnndddddd



DONE!
Small solid wood table donated to the rescue for me to redo
$30



The Rescue Table

Before:

Almost done:
above is how the entire top will look when I get the leaves done





I need to finish the leaves- I have 1/2 of one leaf to sand:

On the left is a leaf with the original finish, 
on the right is after sanding, and sanding and sanding

On the far left, behind them is the sanded leaf,  the near left is the leaf untouched/original finish,
and on the right the sanded top of the table with the Howards Preserve and Protect, 
Beeswax and Orange Oil stuff.  Love it!



This is my Laundry room:
This is the back door leaving our laundry room.  The girls sleep on their bed in front of that door.  
In summer the sun just beats in there and it can get quite warm.  So I made them a 'Faux Roman' shade:




It's just on tension rods, but it will do the trick!



Here's the Rescues Corner China Cabinet

these are the rooster knobs I ordered- super cute!



Another 'Almost done'... 
I'm thinking the handles/hinges need another coat of paint and the inside top as well...






Here's what she looked like when she got here, in case you forgot:

I also went through the boxes of stuff my neighbor donated and priced it all, dusted it off [sanding got them 'dusty'] and repacked it all up to take over Saturday morning.

I also touched up some other projects:


I got this picnic baskey at a garage sale [$1] and am spiffing it up to resell or for a gift.  I want to make a liner for it, it will be velcro'd to the sides so it can be removed and washed.  I also used the Howards Preserve and Protect on it, as it was very dried and rough looking.  It worked a charm!
I had to paint the top as it was particle board and stained.  I have never done decoupage, but I think I might try it with this, to add something to the top... but what?

For Summer break, so that my son does not lose his handwriting and reading skills, as well as follow directions 'ability' [or lack thereof!] I've decided one day a week will be his night to cook.  
Tonight was our first night, though school is not out until next week.   He made us tortellini w/sauce, and cupcakes.  
During summer break I'll have him plan what he wants to make, write a list of what he needs after reading a recipe, take him shopping to buy the items, and then make it.  Should be fun!  I want my boy to know how to cook.

Tomorrow?  More sanding to get the table leaf done, last minute touch ups, and loading up to take it all over to the garage sale!

UPDATE: all 3 larger pieces that I took to the garage sale, the China Cabinet, the Dining Table and the Small Table  sold for full price.  These pieces, donated to the rescue and redone by me, raised almost $300.  Toss in the table/chair set I redid for the sale the month before that sold for $100, and I have raised $400 for the rescue!!!  I could never, ever, ever donate that kind of money out of pocket, so this means the world to me!!!












1 comment:

Pia @HiddenCharm.net said...

Great job!! I've got the same quirks (much nicer way of saying we are procrastinators!!). tons of projects just waiting to be started- waaay more to actually finish 100%. Good luck!!