Thursday, May 19, 2011

Muuuuch better

Remember this dog bed and my less then enthusiastic response to the finials I could find locally for it?
ICK!!



Well Thank You Amazon!



Perfect, right?




The other day I was cleaning the laundry/dog room, and found a can full of odds and ends that had been saved from pockets pre-wash... incl. in there were some of my grandmothers buttons.

When I was 5 or 6 my grandmother had a stroke [while we kids were visiting] and she died shortly thereafter.  When she died my dad, for some unknown reason, burned all her handmade dresses, hats and other personal items.  I've written before about finding items of hers in my dads barn when we cleaned that out last spring.  These buttons are obviously a bittersweet find...  

So, when I found them again the other day in that can, I went out to the garage and looked for a nice bowl to put them in to display in my laundry room.  Here's what I came up with... 




... additionally I found the iron she used to use, and some other items I remember from her house that I thought would look nice on the shelves next to the washer in the laundry room:


This thing weighs a ton!  I bet her arms were buff!



Here's how it all looks:

Those are also her canisters underneath.  I use them for some Oxy packs and powder.  I really think using them, actually touching them every day, is a great way to remember family.






No comments: