Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The best laid plans of upcyclers... let this be a warning to ya'

So, remember my great plan to wallpaper a new back for the China cabinet?  Easy peasy lemon squeezie, right?  Yeah, not so much.

Turns out the plywood stuff I bought and primed does not hold wallpaper.
No way, no how.
Not if you tape it.
Not if you wrap it like a Christmas gift.
Nope.  Not even if you whine.

I would upload pictures, but really, must you see the trainwreck?  Trust me, you do not want to see this.

So plan B, back to Home Despot, and I'll spend a little more to buy actual bead board plywood that is primed and get it cut to fit and be Done.  With.  It.

So much for me being a thrifty smarty pants who thinks beadboard wallpaper can fix everything.
I mean sure it's good, but it's no duct tape!

As for getting this China Cabinet done in a week?
Yeah, I was a little prematurely confident there.  *sigh*

No comments: