Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Vanity Bench




This is the bench I bought at Habitat for Humanity ReStore a few weeks ago.
Obviously, she needed a little love.

Here she is now:


Painted, seat reupholstered,

... and stenciled to match the bathroom stencil


I got the fabric at Joannes, 40% off!!



This will be a great seat to use when soaking your feet in the foot soaker, 
or applying lotion after a long bath in the clawfoot tub.

All for about $20.

On a personal note, my father passed away last week, on August 5th after a long illness.  
My Step-Grandmother also passed away that week, on Monday the 1st.  
It has been a crazy couple of weeks, capping off some stressful, but ultimately well spent years my sister and I cared and advocated for my father.  I'm sad he's gone, but glad he's no longer suffering and I am so, so thankful for the time we committed to being with him and just enjoyed one another's company.
Hug your family, it's amazing how fast time goes by.




No comments: